Monday, January 23, 2012

The bone scan today was a breeze compared to the MRI the other day, except for the fact that I couldn't talk, couldn't move and I had both my sister and my mother in the room with me.
How does one not laugh or giggle at the two of them teasing the tech about being the Wizard of Oz (he went behind a curtain to operated the computer).
So I got there quite early this morning, they checked me in, and the tech (Tony) came and got me, told me he was going to shoot radioactive material in my system, and I could go have breakfast.  I said wait a minute, I'm eating now.  I was so confused.  What the schedulers failed to tell me was that I had to have a shot to flush this material through me, and I had to come back 3 hours later for the actual scan.  It was quite frustrating, but while I was waiting around, my sister came home with me and we hung pictures in the house, including the one she painted for me.
It is named "Promise."  You can see a picture of it on my facebook page.

I could really use some prayers for sleep (I awake in the middle of each night and cannot fall back asleep due to all the anxiety about what we have to face next).

Thanks again for all your prayers, words of encouragement, and support.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Babe,

    Wish I could have been there--I'm glad Mom and Linde could bring some humor!

    I hope you are having a good day.

    I love you.

    TC

    ReplyDelete