Sunday, March 4, 2012

Hi all,
I just really want to take the time to thank you all for so much prayer and support.   It means a lot to have so many people out there cheering me on and praying on my behalf.  There was a time I was really questioning why I have to go through this, and though I'm still not excited about having to do everything it is going to take, I do know that our God is good, and He will bring me through to the other side in victory, glorifying Him and my hope is just that I can help others going through a cancer battle themselves.
I have to say, Marie De Haan's book, Cancer is a Funny Thing, has helped me a lot!  She really does bring a humerous side to the terrible disease!  I loved it, and it kept me giggling the entire way through!  It's a great read even if you are not battling, you will I'm sure some day know someone that is.
That is the hardest part of learning about my cancer.  The number of people that I have run in to that have battled or are battling currently is overwhelming.  What in the world are we doing to ourselves?    I really believe that the smarter we become as a society the more damage we do to our food systems and abilities to fight off disease.  I certainly don't have the answers, but the only explanation I can give for my own cancer is lack of nutrition (and I thought we ate well), hormone filled drugs and food, and/or environment.


Anyway enough of the gloom....I am not quite 100% yet, but compared to Wednesday evening, Thursday evening, and Friday, I feel much better yesterday and today.  I have an appetite again, not a big one, but I at least have a desire to eat.  I'm up all day (mostly reading, it's been nice to relax), and sleeping pretty good for the most part.

Until next time.......

Oh and by the way....Happy Birthday to the Best Mother-In-Law I could ever ask for!  I love you Helen! Wishing you the best Birthday yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment