Monday, March 19, 2012

No more hair

It was a very up and down weekend. Saturday we had the Bingo Night/Fundraiser that Jamie's sister Linde and friend Beth organized. It was a fantastic night--lots of people, good food, great prizes. The energy was great; everyone had a fun time.

Jamie was feeling pretty worn out, but I think it was encouraging to see so many people there to love and support her.

It was a good weekend, but she was really tired and not feeling great.

On Sunday night she said she was losing a lot of hair and wanted Ashley and me to go ahead and cut it off.

Ashley and I worked together to get it done. Jamie was pretty upset, it was the first time I've seen her cry since we started this journey. It was probably good for her and Ashley to have a good cry together.

I think she looks absolutely beautiful. Her eyes are one of her best features, and they stand out even more now.

This morning she came out of our room with a scarf on her head. Cash climbed up on her lap, looked into her eyes and said, "Mommy, you look beautiful." It was precious!

Jamie has been incredibly strong through this--and we are now halfway done the first part of chemo. She will have two more treatments, then switch to a different drug and schedule.

Thank you to everyone for your support and encouragement!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jamie,

    It hurts my heart hearing about your hair. What an experience to go through...praise the Lord you have such a loving, supportive husband. Please know you are in my thoughts and I am praying for you.

    Love,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaime,

    I love you very very very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete