Tuesday, February 7, 2012

So, to make a long story short, my MRI guided biopsy yesterday was awful, but it thankfully is behind me.
I was supposed to have a double biopsy guided by MRI, which the first one went fine, but the second one I ended up feeling a lot of even after they gave me numbing meds.
Needless to say, I proceeded to get nauseous because of the pain, and when I told them I was nauseous, they decided that I was close to passing out, so they made me sniff smelling salts.....I wasn't passing out, I was nauseous from pain....they stripped my warm blanket, put cold wet wash cloths on, and continued the procedure.  By the time they were finished and cleaning my wound, I felt like a human ice cube, was frozen to the bone and still in wet gowns.  Finally I was able to get dressed, and I didn't warm up until I got home and curled up in front of the fire.
I hope that I don't have to ever repeat that again!
So, for those of you that don't know, I was really anxious about this appointment, so my surgeon prescribed me ativan (apparently it makes you not really care about what is going on, and totally relieves the anxiety).  Well, I decided not to take it for several reasons, but the biggest one was just that I felt God was telling me I have not been letting Him take care of me through this whole mess.
So where was he?
I've decided the reason I didn't take the ativan was because if I had, I would have gotten off that MRI bed and knocked a couple of people out, so He must have been protecting them from my wrath caused by pain and nausea.  : )

4 comments:

  1. Sorry this was such a rough process Jamie. Many, many prayers for you from the Hayden's. Thanks for sharing some of the process with us, to give us some insight into how you are doing. It helps us to know how to pray, but also to share the road with you. Thanks for your honesty.

    Much love,
    Josh & Shey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, I'm so sorry that yesterday was so rough. You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers.
    Love you,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie, I am sorry to hear that yesterday was rough. I would like to bash some heads around for the insensitive treatment you received. Thankfully, God does not get numb to needs and hurts the way medical personnel can. May you feel even more comforted by the Father from the cold and icy path you must walk now as you did by the cozy fire after the chilling experience you endured! Our thoughts and prayers are with you. We appreciate the transparent sharing of your walk as it helps strengthen the faith of us all.
    hugs, W for myself and JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear about all this.
    Thinking warm thoughts and sending virtual hugs!

    I love you...

    ReplyDelete